Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Anyone have suggestions of how to heal my nails after removing acrylic nails?

I love acrylic nails. I have worn them off and on for several years. However, I found that I am too chemically sensitive to be wearing these. I feel so much better having them off now.


But my fingernails are so weak and thin now, that they are painful. Anyone know some ways to help heal my fingernails?Anyone have suggestions of how to heal my nails after removing acrylic nails?
I would first use a file/buffer over the top of them to get them as smooth and as even as possible.





Then you can push back the cuticles, trim them and use Nutra Nails 5-7 day nail growth. This is not a polish, you can also get a polish that will protect your nails while the are going through ';the change';. Works great .. good luckAnyone have suggestions of how to heal my nails after removing acrylic nails?
I had the exact same problem. I broke a nail when I had the acrylic on %26amp; my nail started bleeding (because their so thin). I have stopped wearing the acrylic now, its been over a year since I've worn acrylic. I normally keep then short but I use this clear polish name Mystic Nail. It has formaldehyde in it and it helps my nails. My nails are stronger now but the only problem I have now is when I wear colored polish it chips within 2 days. So I just use the clear polish. Hope this helps. Oh and the Mystic Nail Polish cost $1.99 but it's hard to find because not everyone sells it. So if you can't find it at your local drug store try this site.. Good Luck.





http://www.amazon.com/Mystic-Nail-mystic鈥?/a>
this is what happened to me


i used olive oil rubbed into them at night (someone recommended this instead of an expensive nail oil ) whenever you do anything that may damage your nails like washing up- use gloves and use a hand and nail cream a couple of times a day





mine are now back to normal -takes about 6 weeks
I've had the same problem before. When I get my nails off, I usually will buff them to make them smooth. Then put one coat of a color polish on them. That will sometimes help by adding a layer of protection. Also, increase your intake of calcium. I take prenatal vitamins everyday and that makes my nails really strong. (it also helps your hair growth too!)





:):):):):):)
They sell clear nail polish at drug stores that helps heal nails. It says it on the bottle. Putting on a couple of coats will also thicken them up too. I would keep them really short until they are strong again..





http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/de鈥?/a>


http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/de鈥?/a>


I think they sell the nailpolish in different colors too.





Include more protein in your diet too. (nails are about 95% protein) Also, keep them moist with lotion and don't cut your cuticles. Prenatal vitamins also help.

No comments:

Post a Comment