Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I remove a nail polish stain from the grout between the ceramic floor tiles in my bathroom?

I've tried polish remover, which got the stains off the tile, but it hasn't done more than slightly lighten the polish stains in the grout.How can I remove a nail polish stain from the grout between the ceramic floor tiles in my bathroom?
1st. try detergent solution.


2nd. try scouring powder or steel wool.How can I remove a nail polish stain from the grout between the ceramic floor tiles in my bathroom?
pure acetone!
You will probably have to scrape the stain with a sharp object and remove the grout until the stain is removed . If the stain has penetrated the grout deep enough you may have to re grout the spot with new
You could try a product called ';Oops';, it is available in the painting section of hardware or walmarts, maybe kmart, not sure. It is specifically used to remove paint...which nail polish is.
OUCH !!!!!!!!!! That's a hard one, I ask a friend that does this for a living { laying } ceramic floors....... He says you may have to get some Grout and cover it up . to hide the stain, if doesn't cost alot for a very small package. or find a company that does this and ask if you could get just a very small bit.


Call Around


Good Luck!


I know the felling when you do something like this.
remove grout and regrout it....
lick it or get a dog and put food over it and he or she will lick it off
If it is white grout you can get a grout pen and paint over it. Home Depot and other building supply stores carry it usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment