Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I remove a nail polish stain off my carpet?

A few drops of black nail polish fell onto my carpet. I tried different ways to remove it like using a nail polish remover and also used soap and water. Both these methods worked a bit but the stain is still very obvious. Is there something I can do that will remove the stain?How can I remove a nail polish stain off my carpet?
Brake fluid cleaner. Works in no time.


seriously... I tried it and it works!


You should also try hairspray. Dab it... DO NOT RUB. it'll only make the stain worse. Oxyclean for carpets and oxyclean kitchen cleaner works well too. Test all this out on carpet inside a closet before you do it on the spot. It may cause discoloration to your carpet. Try Shout triple action laundry stain remover or Shout Anvanced Gel. These Two are colorsafe.





But before treating any stain or attempting to use a stain remover, you should first:


- Gently scrape the nailpolish with a spoon. break it up so that the stain remover can get deep into the stain.


- Make sure you have like white washcloth or plain white paper towel handy to blot stains. Dyed fabrics or colorful papertowel can make the stain worse if it bleeds onto the carpet.


-Be sure to pre-test any spot removal solutions or chemicals to make sure it wont damage your carpet.





DAB DON';T RUB!How can I remove a nail polish stain off my carpet?
cut out the stain


go to a closet with same carpet


use the cut out piece as a template


cut the good piece


place it in the ruined area when u are satisfied


then


Glue it down
If some one gives you a good answer please let me know, I spilled red nail polish on my tan carpet. Everything that I tried just made a bigger mess. Nail polish didn't work, it just made the carpet around it whiter. DON'T try hairspray. This makes a huge mess. I've even attempted some of the magic carpet cleaning solutions you find in stores. Buy a nice rug to cover over the stain or pull the carpet up.
When i got nail polish on my pants a friend told me to use shaving cream just work it in and let it sit for about 3 min. then wipe it off it worked for my pants but i dont know about carpet if that dosent work use a nail polish remover with acetone and dab at the spot dont rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment