Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Removing nail polish from leather boots.?

So I just bought these adorable gray leather boots and while I was painting my nails I spilled some bright red nail polish on them. It was only a small spot, and I took most of it off with a little bit of nail polish remover. However, in that spot, it is a lighter gray than the rest of the boot. Is there any way I can fix this? (p.s. I know I'm being a little bit of a perfectionist by asking this, but I am lol)Removing nail polish from leather boots.?
As you have used nail polish remover (a solvent) to remove the nail varnish this has removed some of the pigment/finish on the leather along with the nail varnish. This lighter area will now need the pigment/finish replacing to match the rest of the leather. The area cannot be 'cleaned' better and 'conditioners' will not replace the colour.


This is best left ot a professional as any further damage will make the matter worse.


Shoe polish may work.Removing nail polish from leather boots.?
here's a link...





http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf31344431.tip鈥?/a>





hopee i helped!


good luck!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment