Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I remove red nail polish from black leather boots?

I broke a bottle of nail polish and my boots are covered all over.They were very expensive and I don't want to ruin themHow can I remove red nail polish from black leather boots?
I'd take them to a shoe repair shop. It's worth the money.How can I remove red nail polish from black leather boots?
Take it to a shoe repair place if you can, they have all kinds of great solvents. If you can't, put some nail polish remover on a Q-tip and use it very sparingly to get off the polish. Keep in mind that leather is cow skin, so this should work fine. Then get a good shoe polish and work it in until the area turns black again. If they are shiny boots, you may lose some of the shine.
If you are set on doing it yourself, try using Non-Acetone nail polish remover on a small spot first and see how it affects the leather.


Otherwise, seek advice from a shoe repair shop.
you might try goo gone or WD40. with both of them being oil based products they would not be harming your leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment