Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can I remove nail polish from my daughters clothes?

My 2 yr. old daugther got a hold of my nail polish and she spilled it all over her new clothes. Does anyone know how to remove nail polish stains from clothing.How can I remove nail polish from my daughters clothes?
soak it in water first. just like if you painted your nails then got in the tub the polish would soften and come off. it does pretty much the same thing with clothes. Soak them for a hour or two then scrap it off. If a spot remains you can use a little bit of acetone free nail polish remover and a small amount of color safe bleach. that should get it all out.How can I remove nail polish from my daughters clothes?
Apply acetone, not nail polish remover. You should be able to buy it from the chemist.............:)
Have you tried using nail polish remover on a small portion of her clothes? If it works and does not damage her clothing, then you've got a winner. Good luck! :)
well have you tried bleaching it if is white but if it isnt try hand scrubbing and washing then hang drying and if that does not work i dont know what will
Have you tried nail polish remover?
Oooh, tough one!





Have you tried:


1. Non Acetone polish remover


2. WD-40


3. old standby of paste of detergent and let it set then soak and wash





NOTE: DO NOT use all 3 together! Try one then if no luck launder in cold water then the next and so on.
My daughter did the same thing last year at christmas. I could not find anything to remove the stain. I think maybe if I would have caught it when it was still wet, I might have had better luck!
I once spilled nail polish on a new pair of jeans (I was so ticked) so I took nail polish remover and carefully poured it on the spot just where the nail polish was and it all came out. If it spilled on clothing that is material other than cotton, then I would be careful. And also, to be gentle on the clothes, maybe water it down first. Hope this helps, good luck!
CLOROX

No comments:

Post a Comment