Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can you remove nail polish from metal?

Nail polish has been spilled on the metal drawer pull of my dresser. the metal doesn't have any other paint or anything else on it, just plain metal. i really should get this off, i don't want to hurt the patina (it's fairly old, probably pre-1920), but the patina isn't *that* important. thanks!Can you remove nail polish from metal?
Before using anything abrasive, I'd try to chip it off with a one sided razor blade. If that fails I might try a brillo pad or a light weight steel wool.Can you remove nail polish from metal?
Yes, you can. Scrape the dried polish with your fingernail or a plastic knife. It should pop right off.
sure u can
Nail polish remover will get it off. It gets if off your nail, doesn't it? It might mar the finish on wood, but metal isn't porous, so you should be okay.
My grandson decided to paint one day. He painted with nail polish on our metal chairs. I used nailpolish remover to get it off. It worked good, and left no mark. But also after using the nailpolishremover I also cleaned off the remover with a damp rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment