Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why do you have to remove nail polish before you have surgery?

I had surgery yesterday and when the hospital called me a couple days before, they told me I'd have to remove my nail polish before I had surgery.





It wasn't that big of a deal to me but I was just wondering why and I didn't think to ask the doctors yesterday.Why do you have to remove nail polish before you have surgery?
Your nail beds turn blue if you're not getting enough oxygen, so that's one way they can monitor it is by looking at your fingernails.





I hope you're feeling better!!!Why do you have to remove nail polish before you have surgery?
so they can see through your nails to determine if you have blood flowing through - if they start turning blue or purple it means you are not getting enough oxygen and they know it is an emergency. if you have nail polish on, they won't be able to tell.
The chemicals in nail polish react with some of the chemicals used in surgery.





Feel Better!!!
Eh idk but i hope ur feeling better hun %26lt;3

No comments:

Post a Comment