Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to remove Nail Polish without damaging nails.?

I'm growing out my nails, and I usually have a mani-pedi once a week. I know the stuff in nail polish remover really damages nails (I know from experience) And I would like to know if anyone has any tricks on removing nail polish [without damaging nail].





Thanks!


C.How to remove Nail Polish without damaging nails.?
Actually, acetone-based polish remover is really much less damaging to the nail than non-acetone versions. It removes polish much more quickly and efficiently. (I use pure acetone for glitter polish.)





After you remove polish, wash your hands, and apply and massage cuticle oil over the cuticle and nail. Let it soak in. Wait for maybe a half hour before you again wash your hands and apply fresh polish.





Be sure to use a high quality strengthener as a base coat. My fave is OPI Nail Envy. Also, use a glass (crystal) nail file. Regular sand files can cause splitting and peeling. Buffing is good too, but do it very, very sparingly, as overbuffed nails will be thin and weak.





I know this is a lot more info, but there is a lot more to do with the health of your nails then just the polish remover! :)How to remove Nail Polish without damaging nails.?
If you find that acetone is too drying on certain clients, dilute it with water! You can usually add 1 part water to 8-10 parts acetone and it will still remove polish, but be much less damaging to nails that are already having problems. This also works great for removing polish from wraps and other enchantments, without damage.


Oh, and rinse your hands under water when you're done to remove traces of it and finish with an good hand %26amp; nail cream.


Solar Oil is fab for replenishing tired and dried out talons x
Polish removers- no matter if they are acetone or non they are drying but this is very temporary. Use cuticle oil a couple times a day...even olive oil or vick's rub will do the trick and massage that onto the nail plate and cuticle area twice a day also buy a paraffin machine and use it every other day.
my nails could care less. I use acetone nail polish remover because it's more efficient and my nails don't care.
Letting it wear off naturally.
BY SIMPLY NOT APPLYING IT.
I dont think that there is another way to get it off.... so just let you nails grow out... i am doing the same thing now...
With a bolt cutter......at the first knuckle! Sorry love, just jesting .....but I don't know much about the subject...and thats all I could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment