Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I remove nail polish from my carpet?!?

I tried vinegar - didn't work.


Nail polish - worked a smidge but made area turn pink!





What should I use that will WORK?!





White carpet, silver nail polish.How do I remove nail polish from my carpet?!?
Acetone, or lacquer thinner. It's hard to get it out .How do I remove nail polish from my carpet?!?
for white carpets use a product called FOLEX available at larger grocerys. wet the stain thouroughly and place a warm (not hot) iron on a towel over the stain. this is called a transfer and the stain should pull up into the towel. afterwards wet the stain down again, let dry completely, and then vacum with a strong carpet vac...good luck....
Stain Buster -- Nail-Polish Remover





1. Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of warm water.





2. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.





3. Blot until the liquid is absorbed.





4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears.





5. Sponge with cold water and blot dry.
http://blogs.findanyfloor.com/consumer/C鈥?/a>





HAIRSPRAY HAIRSPRAY HAIRSPRAY! I did this in a rental - two days before I left - I WAS LIKE NOOOOOOOOO!!!


Found that web page above, used hairspray and water... scrub scrub scrub.... mine was a really deep red color and it came out! unbelievable.... carpet looks like new...!


I also spilled some hair dye - silly me - on the carpet from MONTHS ago.... it got that up too! I was flooooorrreedd!
Water and hydrogen peroxide and hair spray. If you still have it then get Goof-off keep working at it with a terry rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment