Thursday, January 21, 2010

Removing Nail Polish from Clothing/Fabric?

I spilled some dark navy nail polish on my white tank, purple cardigan, and seat belt. Yeah, it's a bad idea to try to paint your nails in the car. So could I use nail polish remover on the white shirt? I wouldn't want it to discolor the sweater. Any ideas?Removing Nail Polish from Clothing/Fabric?
I've done that before too,dont panic! Im not sure about the cardigan but you need to put polish remover on the tank 1st and then lightly bleach it when you wash it,%26amp; just polish remover should take it off the seatbelt. Hope that helps!Removing Nail Polish from Clothing/Fabric?
hi...i use hand cleaner (like mechanics use) for all kinds of stains. although i have not had to deal with nail polish, it is worth a shot. it is cheap and can be bought at walmart or canadian tire. rub it on, let sit for a half hour and wash as usual. i found it even removed grease (grease from my sewing machine) from a quilted baby blanket i had just made. i had already tried a pre spray and washed it to no avail. i did the hand cleaner thing and washed the blanket and it came out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment