Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is there anyway to remove nail polish from a leather sofa?

My four year old daughter has gotten fingernail polish on my new leather sofa. Is the couch ruined or is there a way to safely remove it without damaging my sofa?Is there anyway to remove nail polish from a leather sofa?
Basically you have redyed the leather. If the nail polish will not peel off then it will need to be removed with solvents which will also remove finish and pigment which will then need replacing.


This job is best left to a qualified leather technician.





Please do not try using nail varnish remover as this will definitely damage the finish on your leather.Is there anyway to remove nail polish from a leather sofa?
I am not sure but what ever you do, do not use nail polish remover! I was stupid and tried that and now there is a dull spot where I wiped it and it is really dry, probably from the acetone. I am sure you figured that but just in case you were like me, in a hurry to get things done....did you get a warranty? I did with my leather furniture and they said we could take a knife to it and it would get replaced at no charge. Of course the furniture was five years old and the warranty was already up when this happened. GOOD LUCK!
Is it possible for you to simply use a nail polish remover? If not, then I'm not sure... sorry!
i think the you might be able to use a straw brush and rub gently. worked on our sofa.. :D
Acetone FREE nail polish remover. Ordinary stuff could cause damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment