Friday, January 15, 2010

How much does it usually cost to get a ingrown nail removed for a cat?

The vet that I went to told me that with blood work and medication it would come out to $350 and $200 without...I wanted to know if I'm getting ripped off...How much does it usually cost to get a ingrown nail removed for a cat?
Hi there...prices will vary from clinic and regions. Your veterinary hospital prices are within the normal range.How much does it usually cost to get a ingrown nail removed for a cat?
Yes it's twisted around, scabbed over and also seems a bit swollen...I found out that one of my friend's sisters is a vet and she'll help. Thanks everyone.

Report Abuse



An ';ingrown nail'; on a cat can be clipped without anesthesia and followed by a course of antibiotics.


Here in the UK the cost would be in the region of 拢25 which is about $50.





Are you sure it is just an ingrown, i.e. curled around %26amp; grown in, claw?
I suppose it depends on the vet and the area that you live in - I know that my vet would do something like that for a lot less, but we're in rural southern Colorado, which is a different story from cities or anywhere out east or farther west!
I am not sure what average costs are but I know I adopted a 5 month old kitten two months ago and my friends strongly advised that I get pet insurance. That way I can submit my paid bill to the insurance company and get reimbursed for some of my veterinary costs. I know that the insurance I have covers things like ingrown nails, meds, blood work etc. Might be a good way to decrease future veterinary costs. Good luck.
  • eye beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment