Friday, January 15, 2010

Removing Nail Polish from carpeting!?

Last night my mom spilled a pretty good amount of bright red nail polish on her sage color carpeting. I just had to share with everyone how to get the stain out...you need to blot any excess nail polish, then grab wd-40....spray all of the stain. this will spread the stain...using a washcloth and some elbow grease it will slowly disappear. i then used some baby powder to get the excess oil out of the carpet, vaccumed...then treated it with carpet cleaner-like resolve. i had one place that stilled showed slightly and i rubbed it with some goo gone-and it is gone! im not going to lie and say it only took me a few minutes it took some time rubbing the stain out then vaccuming and all this. not really a question but just had to share! I'm a nail tech and i think the reason why wd-40 worked so well is because nail polish doesn't like oil-it can't stick to oil-oh and the color of the carpet didn't fade or anything!Removing Nail Polish from carpeting!?
Use nail polish remover!!!Removing Nail Polish from carpeting!?
Good for you! When I was a kid my sister dropped a closed bottle of cheap BLUE nail polish on the carpet. The bottle spontaneously split open and there was a huge spot on the carpet. My mom tried getting it out with nail polish remover, which didn't work, so that area was covered with a rug forever after that. Good for you for figuring out how to clean it.
did you use a dry washcloth or a wet one? Thank you this is good to know.
Thanks for sharing, I love to hear new ways to get stains out, I'm writing this one down. so I don't forget.
the solution is so simple people. i only have one word for the nail polish problem on the carpet. and that word is. put an end table over it. thanks for the points

No comments:

Post a Comment