Saturday, January 2, 2010

Do you think goo gone will work on removing nail polish off of a wood table?

do you think it will ruin the table? its a cherry wood polish and we tried nail polish remover and it took off the polish.Do you think goo gone will work on removing nail polish off of a wood table?
Use non acetone nail polish remover and wipe of with damp cloth as soon as you get the polish off...Do you think goo gone will work on removing nail polish off of a wood table?
No-but there's a product called Goofoff that I used extensively on the wood trim in my house to remove old wall paint booboos and it worked great. A few really bad areas required a light wipe of lemon oil.
No matter what you use to remove the polish you are also going to remove the wood stain, therefore, you will have to sand and restain the table.
I've never tried goo gone. But I got nail polish on my dinning room table and just removed it with a non acetone polish remover. Just dip a cotton swab in the remover and use barley enough to get the polish up, then wipe with a clean cloth. ( My husband never knew...hehehe) Good Luck.
I personally do not like the goo gone brand. I use Goof Off. You can get it at places like Lowe's and the Home Depot. It costs the same and works so much better!!! It comes in liquid and aerosol spray forms. I like the liquid the best. Dab a small amount on a cloth and wipe your trouble areas away. I have not found a problem I could not solve with that stuff yet! Have a great day! :)
I'm not sure what you would use...I have made the mistake of spilling nail polish remover onto my bedside table and taking off the stain. One thing I did notice was that blotting was far better than wiping - when I wiped the stain can right off, but where I blotted it just got a bit rough but stayed out.





I was just going to suggest that whatever you try, test it underneath the table in an inconspicuous spot first.

No comments:

Post a Comment