Monday, January 18, 2010

Why do I have to remove nail polish for wisdom teeth procedure?

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed and for some reason I had to remove my dark nail polish. Why would nail polish- dark or light- affect this procedure?Why do I have to remove nail polish for wisdom teeth procedure?
If you are having general anesthesia for the procedure, your vital signs will be closely monitored. Although a machine will watch your pulse and oxygen levels, a visual look at your finger nails will tell if your body is getting enough oxygen. Dark nail polish will hide these important signs.





It would be the same if you were undergoing any other surgical procedure.





What's the big deal? Put it back on when everything is over.Why do I have to remove nail polish for wisdom teeth procedure?
I never heard of that before. But I do know that if you're polish is dark then you're oxygen level may be hard to monitor. If you're having them removed surgically they may want to monitor your oxygen with a finger thingy.
hmm i dont know. i never had to for my wisdom teeth extraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment