Friday, January 15, 2010

How can I remove nail polish from a leather purse?

Im about to have a heart attack..my poor Chanel pruse! =(How can I remove nail polish from a leather purse?
Before you touch the stain with anything, test the leather by wiping a small spot in a hidden place with a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol.





IF the leather is safe, and doesn't crack or bleach or change color, try wiping very gently with a cloth or perhaps a paper towel that is damp with rubbing alcohol. It is a gentle solvent that often removes ink slowly. If your cloth turns ink colored, then it is working. Continue with a clean section of cloth, until the stain is removed.





I have also used nail polish remover, but that is more harsh, and demands more caution to not bleach or otherwise ruin leather. Test first. Always. Test first.How can I remove nail polish from a leather purse?
Once I spilled nail polish on a bag made of a thin, silky material. I tried using nail polish remover to get it off and the material was eaten away (I literally burned a hole in it!). So, be very very careful if you try using nail polish remover. I don't know what else could possible work though. Maybe you can put a little nail polish remover on a Q-tip and touch it to an unnoticable part of the bag, like the bottom, to see if it harms the bag. Otherwise, I don't think there's a way to remove the nail polish (unless you could somehow scrape it off or something like that).
ALCOHOL PAD RUB IT VERY GENTLY AT DIFFERENT TIME DONT GET IN A RUSH THEN TREAT YOUR PURSE WITH A LEATHER PROTECTOR IT SCHOULD NOT DISCOLOR IT!!! GK.
try nail polish remover try it once before
nail polish remover.... just a guess.
  • eye beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment