Monday, January 18, 2010

How do I remove nail varnish from a carpet?

My 4 year old spilled blue nail varnish on a pink carpet. It's dried in now, does anyone have any ideas?How do I remove nail varnish from a carpet?
i know EXACTLY wat to use i experienced this too!! first rub it with nail polish remover, then use oxyclean on it!! should work worked for me :)How do I remove nail varnish from a carpet?
vacuum it
Nail varnish remover, I have a pure wool carpets in my bedroom and my little one done the same, I used nail varnish remover, it didn't come out 100% but was better, just make sure you use lots of it and make sure when you are cleaning the cloth is clean other wise you will just spread it.
i had nail varnish all over my carpet and i tryed vanish it dulled it then i used nail varnish remover and it was gone u just saw the outline but i only new it was there!!!
nail polish remover is the easy thing to do or vacuum it if in bits not in a big clump but it might take long !!!
You could try a stain devil get it from the supermarket.





UK





PS it got engine oil out on mine (don't ask!)
my daughter did the same thing. i had to paint the whole carpet the same colour. It took me 3 weeks.
I have a really good book and this is what it says: Blot as much as possible with paper tissues. Apply non-oily nail varnish remover on a ball of cotton wool, testing at the edge of the carpet first, since the backing can be damaged if the solvent soaks through. Treat any remaining stains with methylated spirit on a white pad. Finally, apply carpet shampoo. This seems to apply to fresh stains but it's got to be worth a go. Hope you get the stain out
use acetone nail polish remover and scrub!
try Goo Gone
Remove as much as possible, use non-oily varnish remover or acetone. Follow up with a carpet or upholstery shampoo.
Hi, this might sound crazy but try lighter fluid. I used it on my carpet to get dried on chewing gum off and it worked really well, so i think it would be worth a try!! Good luck!!
Nail polish remover?
nail varnish remover, white spirit or bleach (diluted so it doesn't have any lightening effect, mix 50/50 with shampoo)
use nail polish remover and wipe with a small towel or brush
nail polish remover? haah oh and if you go to the grocery store in the laundry isle they normally have little bottles of stain remover that have specific uses (ex. coffee, lipstick)





you should re post this in the laundry section , you would get more answers

No comments:

Post a Comment